By the Summer of 1886, the tracks were completed as far as Sockford,
and the first Framley tram service for paying passengers was opened
by local celebrity and newspaper weatherman Rear Admiral Gideon
The very first tram from Framley to Sockford was pulled by wolves,
with the return journey being made under steam power, until 1891
when Sockford, full to the brim with wolves, refused to let any
more trams in.
The change to fluff power was made in 1893, with the discovery
of rich new deposits of fluff round the back of an enromous new
Industrial Age iron sofa which had been built near Whoft in 1888.