Framley Museum HomeMuseum Logo
 

 

THE FRAMLEY TRAM STORY - 4

Though the tram was successful, the new century brought financial difficulties, and the closure of several sections of the line became inevitable. In 1902, the tracks between Effing Sodbury and Chutney Le Basil were removed, making this part of the journey terribly bumpy.

In 1907, a new timetable was introduced, with the trams arriving in alphabetical order. Passengers were confused by the new system, which meant that the eleven o'clock tram arrived shortly before the five o'clock and almost immediately after the eight o'clock one, and the scheme was scrapped.

 

 
<< BACK
 
FORWARD >>
 
 

East Parkfields, Framley, FM1 8RD Tel: +44 (0) 1999 391054 Email: email us here